Welcome
This blog is about the success I have had in losing 85 pounds in the year 2010.
I have mantained this for over a year just by eating for my blood type.
Removing foods like wheat and corn because they interfere with insulin efficiency and slow a blood type O's metabolic rate.
In a perfect world I could live without everything . I do on a very rare occasion have some foods but (very little)that I shouldn't but NEVER wheat or corn.

I write about how I did the every day and the emotions that go with it.
I am in the process of writing a cookbook that has all of my recipes I have created to help on this journey.

My purpose in this blog is to encourage and equip people who are struggling with weight loss and eating healthy.

Eating healthy is the only way out.
I ate my way in this, so I ate my way out.

Happy Eating
Coach Sandra

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chicken Sausage Links

Every now and then we need a good " breffiss ". My Favorite was sausage but all the stores have processed goop with nitrates nitrites and MSG blah blah blah etc etc .
This is not rocket science just figured out this is as easy as 123 .made it up myself .
You could use ground turkey if you want and you could grind your own meat .
I prefer to buy it ground already . I use  a mix as you need to have some fat in it to give it moisture . (olive oil could be used )
I also use this recipe for sausage n gravy over spelt no yeast biscuits .Mind you this can't be eaten every Sunday but every now and then it's a splurge.

Chicken links


1 lb ground chicken breast
1 lb ground chicken thighs
Combine both

In small bowl mix spices then put in chicken mix well

1 tsp dried basil
1tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Sage
1tsp sea salt
Ground pepper optional

Shape into links then brown in sauté pan for about 30 minute or desired doneness .It makes about 12 links. I personally like mine very cooked ...thats just me ;)
Wrap individually then freeze for a "breffiss" time saver .
As soon as I can figure out how to get my picture uploaded of the sausage n gravy and the biscuits I will insert them later .
For now ...
Happy Eating
Sandra

Ps
I on purpose spell breakfast wrong ...it's the country bumpkin in me ;)


1 comment:

  1. thanks a lot for this recipe, I was just thinking about how to make sausages as the ones at the supermarket are not kind on my tummy. I am looking forward to try those ones.

    ReplyDelete

Followers